Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What If...

"What" and "if" two words as non-threatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. "What if?..."

-Letters to Juliet

I often find myself impacted by movies I watch; I just never imagined it would be a chick flick that sent my head spinning! "WHAT IF?..." has been a question that has been haunting me and pushing me forward. "WHAT IF?..." questions who I am and how I live. "WHAT IF?..." can bring regret and at the same time dares us to dream. "WHAT IF?..." rivals what is, what was, and what could be. It's dangerous to ask, yet challenges us to move forward. It dares us to take another step, another leap, another chance. It calls us to risk.

Intimidated, petrified, anxious, excited, & completely out of my element are just a few of the words that describe what I'm feeling as I continue to wrestle with what my next steps are as I try my best to TRUST and follow God's leading.

WHAT IF I don't go?
WHAT IF I do?
WHAT IF I'm not ready?
WHAT IF I am?

I don't know the answers, but I know that I am counting the costs (all of them) and I want to seek after God with all my heart. So rather than letting "WHAT IF" hold me back and make me second guess, I choose to let it be a springboard that pushes me forward, dares me to dream, and keeps me from living as I've always lived.

No comments: