Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Seven: 7 Random 7's

7 Songs I've been listening to a lot these days:
  • You Are More by Tenth Avenue North
  • I Will Follow by Chris Tomlin
  • You Can Have Me by Sidewalk Prophets
  • Waiting Room by Jonny Diaz
  • How Great Is the Love by Meredith Andrews
  • Storms In Africa by Enya
  • Revelation Song by Kari Jobe

7 Places in the world I've always wanted to visit:
  • Antarctica - I have no desire to be cold, but it's the last continent I need to visit to have been to all 7!
  • Egypt - I've always wanted to see the pyramids.
  • Israel - I've always wanted to visit the Holy Land.
  • India - I've heard incredible stories, seen incredible pictures, but I want to experience it for myself.
  • Greece - Again, seen incredible pictures but have always wanted to just see it for myself.
  • Sudan - Not for vacation or sightseeing purposes.
  • Philippines - Not for vacation or sightseeing purposes.

7 Things I've dreamed of doing someday:
  • Skydive
  • Bungee Jump
  • Visit Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe, Africa)
  • Write a book
  • Get married & start a family
  • Visit Tanzania/Kenya during "The Great Migration"
  • Read 52 books (1 book a week) in a year.  Might sound cheesy, but I've always wanted to accomplish that (and I'm talking chapter books).  I just don't seem to have as much time to read as I'd like.

7 Favorite games of all time:
  • Clue
  • Hide-n-Seek
  • Capture the Flag
  • Candy Land (fav. game as a kid)
  • Ultimate Frisbee
  • Sorry
  • Balderdash (it's a lying game...I know that doesn't say much for my character, but you haven't really lived until you've played this game with my family...HILARIOUS!)

7 Favorite Verses:
  • Proverbs 3:5-6
  • Colossians 3:15-17
  • Matthew 6:33
  • Isaiah 42:6-7
  • John 15:16
  • Isaiah 43:1
  • 2 Corinthians 5:17 

7 Books I love to read over and over:
  • The Bible
  • Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (I'm counting them all as "1")
  • I am not but I know I AM by Louie Giglio 
  • The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus
  • Crazy Love by Francis Chan
  • The Boxcar Children (book one) by Gertrude Chandler Warner...childhood favorite
  • You Are Mine by Max Lucado (kids book, but I love it)

7 Books that have deeply challenged me (some repeats):
  • The Bible
  • Red Moon Rising by Pete Greig & Dave Roberts
  • God On Mute by Pete Greig
  • Not For Sale by David Batstone
  • The Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus
  • Silence by Shusaku Endo
  • Radical by David Platt

7 People I'd like to see post their answers to these lists:

No comments: