Thursday, July 19, 2007

Post Senior High Camp Thoughts

So, after a three year "break" from Summer Camps, I was finally able to join the Senior High this year! All I have to say is WOW! Mega-WOW!!!

A couple things that stand out in my mind:

1. Cabin 17. For those of you who have followed along diligently to Derry's blog, you know that Cabin 17 was the prayer room. During Senior High camp, there was prayer happening all through every night of camp. Derry best described the place as "drenched" in prayer. When you walked in the door, you knew God's presence was there. Cabin 17 became a place of significant breakthroughs in the lives of many students. My prayer & I believe the prayer of many of the students & leaders involved at camp is that we will continue to live out what God started in Cabin 17.

2. Obedience is the next step. In thinking through how to bring home what we did out there to our lives back here, I'm 100% convinced that it's all about obedience. God spoke, we heard Him...now it's time to put it into action.

3. We serve a BIG God who wants to do the impossible through us. What impossible thing are you praying to see God do?


More thoughts to come...

No comments: