Monday, November 02, 2009

New Series: Kenya Diaries

I'm officially back from Kenya! Thanks again to everyone for the prayers! It's hard to believe we're back home already, it honestly flew by! And I can't wait for the day I head back (there will be a day)! In the meantime, there are plenty of experiences to share.

Heading into this trip, I really felt like I got a clear word from the Lord. The phrase I kept hearing as I prepared to leave was "hear their stories." Well, I can tell you, this trip was all about that! Each day it was as if I was learning a new story from someone...and God spoke powerfully through each one! So, I've decided to take some time to highlight some of these stories with all of you.

I'm not sure yet how often I'll post these, but I'll try to have one up at least once a week.

Thanks again for your prayers! This trip would've been nothing without them...and I think I speak for the whole team when I say, we definitely felt them!


"And as God's grace reaches more and more people, there will be a great thanksgiving and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed everyday. For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!" -2 Corinthians 5:15

I have some amazing friends who wrote me cards to open while I was gone. In the very first card I opened from Megan, she had written this verse. It spoke to my heart so much as we prepared to head into this trip. This trip was all about spreading God's grace through simply loving others and hearing their stories! Thanks Megan!

1 comment:

Megan Rendall said...

Tehe... you are welcome Tisty!!

I am SOOOO happy you're back :D