Thursday, September 27, 2007

26,400 feet and counting!

I did it! I actually did it! This morning I met my summer goal of running 5 miles!

I have been running off and on for a couple years now (more off than on)! Anyway, at the beginning of this summer, I decided to pick it back up again. It's not that I really enjoy it, in fact, I hated it...but it was a form of exercise that I felt was effective for me. So, I did it.

As the summer has passed, I've actually started enjoying my time out running (never thought I'd say that)! So, I set a goal for myself to get up to 5 miles in one run. And today, I completed the goal! When I first started out, I struggled to get a mile and a half out, or even a mile! I kept gradually adding distance to my running & for several weeks now I've been sitting at four miles. But not anymore! Woo-hoo!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there stranger! It's Miranda Minnich, remember me? :) I randomly found your blog online and thought I'd send you a note. I don't have blog or facebook or anything but feel free to email me. mminnich5@hotmail.com. Hope everything's going well for you and I hope to hear from you soon! :)